OLIVE HILL FARM RV CAMPGROUND
Thank you for looking into staying with us on our farm. We have established the 17 caravan/ camping bays to exclusively cater for those who enjoy farm life, farm produce and are looking to stay and relax in the Margaret River Region.
POTABLE WATER now available see below for more details!
Heralding 2020 we are opening our eyes to our business viability and trialing new rates of $10 per adult per night and Children/ infants 16 and under are $3 per night. We have kept our fantastic complimentary Scones/ picklets every Monday and Friday morning at 9am for a chance to share ideas of the region and meet some fellow travellers. We also have complimentary Sundowners of Haggis tastings and bagpipes on Wednesday evenings at 17:30, BYO drinks 🙂
Yes we do have an on site dump point for chemical toilets, for which we now have a small charge of $5 per use. This small charge is so we can keep our nightly price as low as possible and only have guests contribute to our direct cost of emptying the dump point, should you use this facility. The dump point is suitable for emptying cassettes only and it is not possible to empty a tank via driving over it. There is a free public dump point in the town of Margaret River, near the Shire offices, which guests can also use should they wish.
We are located only a short distance (10kms) from Margaret River and equidistant from Augusta and Dunsborough, so are centrally located, close to all amenities and offer a quiet location.
You have the 3 options to confirm your stay:
1 – Click here to book in advance to secure your site – our preference for ease of booking for everyone
2 – Phone ahead to enquire/ book – we are happy to answer any questions you have before booking
3 – You can just arrive at the campground and take your chances, either calling us when you get here or speaking to the camp host if they are there. Not a good option in our opinion as you may not get a site as there are only 17 bays and all bookings take priority.
No backpacker vans (AKA Whizz Bangs) are permitted on the farm, although self contained vans are permitted as we appreciate this is how some choose to travel Australia. Camping in tents is not permitted unless associated with a caravan, motorhome or camper trailer.
If you are travelling with the love of your life (your Pet dog) then they can come and stay too. There are a few simple Dog Rules:
- Dogs must either be secure inside the van, or on a lead, even around your campsite or down the Woodland Walk. No exceptions.
- Owners must clean up and pick up behind their dogs.
- Current up-to-date vaccination certificates must be available on request.
- If owners go out, the dog must go with them.
Bookings will be canceled if dog owners do not follow the rules.
To clarify, we are catering for those who are contained – ie have their own toilet, either a built-in toilet or some form of Porta Potty of their own.
FEATURES WE HAVE:
- Potable water is now available on farm at an additional cost of $1 per 25 litres. This small cost associated with the water is because we do not have enough rain water on the farm. We now can buy in water from Margaret River and store it on farm for your use, should you wish. We are passing on this cost to you, if you want water, rather than increasing the nightly price. The cost for the water is $1 per 25 litres, so for your average caravan of 150 litres storage it will cost $6 to fill your tanks. The tap is centrally located where you can pull up next to it to fill tanks or you can park in your bay and walk/ drive there and fill up your containers
- Suitable for Rigs of all shapes and sizes, if you are in doubt or you want to discuss please call us on 0448 095 428
- Drive Through bays are suitable for the summer months only, in winter/ rain residents are required to back in or out of bays, but there is lots of space)
- Privacy as there are big spaces between bays
- Lots of non potable water available – making it easy for you to stay longer
- Telstra only mobile coverage – great for keeping in contact with loved ones
- Peace and quiet – as there is so much space
- Pet friendly – bring the love of your life, your dog, as all the family is welcome
- Dump point $5 – on site for your convenience
- Generator Friendly (SILENT RUN PETROL GENERATORS ONLY) 8am to 5.30pm – so you can have your cup of coffee just as you like it, for the overcast days to top up your batteries and peace of mind. Always consider your nieghbours 🙂
- Bins – keeping your site and our farm tidy
- Farm walks – enjoy the farm as there is lots to see
- Communal fire pit in season – forage wood on the farm and gather round the communal fire pit (dates vary within March to December each year)
- Farm produce from the smokery & deli – Traditional farm cured bacon and pastured eggs the way they should be, or pork, lamb and beef – We do not have a farm shop but we deliver direct to your camp site
Features we do not provide:
- No Toilets
- No Showers
- No Camp Kitchen
- No 240v power
If you want to run your air conditioner all day then this is not the place for you, even if you have a generator.
The farm is a 150 acre working farm where we produce Eggs, Beef, Pork and Lamb all sold at local farmers Markets and direct to customers. Please ask if you would like to try our produce. We are currently also developing a large veggie garden to complete our self contained farming model.
- large camping bays 6×15 minimum, 10 hard standing, 4 woodchip and 3 grassed, with the actual the bay size 8×20 or 8x25m.
- Suitable for Large Motor homes, Caravans, 5th wheelers and camper trailers. Tents are only permitted if associated with a caravan, motorhome, 5th wheeler or camper trailer and they need to pitch off the actual bay on the ground to be able to get pegs into the ground easily)
- Some bays are drive through.
- Trailer parking – There is lots of room to park your boat or car trailer within the olive grove, please just ask at booking if you need trailer parking..
You can get to this site by: Two-wheel drive
GPS location is: -33.921845, 115.169537
During your stay with us, you can take a 30 minute return woodland walk down to the Margaret River at the foot of the farm.